Rules For Becoming Members Of Foreign Owners Representatives And Ship Managers Association.
The following requirements will have to be complied with by the applicant companies to facilitate their entry into Foreign Owners Representatives and Ship Managers Association’s Membership.
- The applicant should be a Person, Company, Institution, Agency or other organisation, in the public or the private sector who is engaged in recruiting seafarers on behalf of ship managers / ship owners or placing seafarers with ship owners.
- The applicant should be duly registered with the Directorate General of Shipping as a recruitment service provider holding a valid RPS License. If, however, the applicant is not directly engaged in the recruitment and placement activities, then the applicant undertakes that the agency through which such activity is carried out will be duly licensed in accordance with the DGS Recruitment and Placement Rules.
- For the development and skill enhancement of Indian seafarers, FOSMA has taken up various initiatives through its training arm – FOSMA Maritime Institute and Research Organisation (FMIRO) which is a charitable organisation. Members of FOSMA donate to the fund of FMIRO to meet such charitable objectives either from their own account or after receiving donations for such purpose from their overseas Principals. Accordingly, the applicant on becoming a member should make a grant / donation to the fund of FMIRO towards the aforesaid charitable objectives. The applicant is required to donate the amount prescribed at per man per month rate in the relevant / applicable CBA. Where no rate is prescribed, the donation should be at the rate of $10 per seafarer (officers and ratings) per month.
- Documentation / credentials which would establish a sound background of the principals to the satisfaction of the Board of Directors of FOSMA will be required to be submitted along with the application for membership. Such documents will include, but not be limited to:
a. Certificate of Incorporation of the Company
b. Manning Agency Agreement with the Principals
c. RPS Licence – if issued
- Terms and conditions as mentioned in the Seafarer Employment Agreements or CBA with the ITF Affiliated Trade union, and/or as approved by the flag state will have to be strictly complied with. Copies of the Agreements are to be made available at the time of the membership application. The member commits to comply with the provision of all social security payments as contained in the said agreement(s).
- Entrance fee for each member is Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand) which is non-refundable.
- Annual subscription of Rs. 45,000/- (Rupees Forty five Thousand) + other additional expenses that may be incurred by Foreign Owners Representatives and Ship Managers Association for which call letters would be sent out and payment must be made by the member within a week of receipt of the same call letter.
- The Board of Directors of FOSMA reserves the right to suspend/cancel membership of any member without assigning any reason, if, in the opinion of the Board, it is considered necessary to uphold the Association’s values & reputation.